I'm a program manager at Microsoft and I'm working for a large bank to build a number of internal web app. I need a UI design that I can apply for these apps.
People all over the bank - HR, Finance, IT, Risk Department
Me and my team are working for a large bank to build a number of internal web applications. To give you an idea of what the apps do: some of them are used to view, slice and dice reports and charts, some of them are used by teams to create, track and approve tasks, and so on. I need your help to build a design template that we can apply to all of these apps.
I need 2 pages from you:
1. A normal layout page (Normal layout.jpg - see attached): we'll apply this template to most of the apps
2. A wide layout page (Wide layout.jpg - see attached): we'll apply this template for apps that have wide tables/reports to show and there's no space for the left sidebar
I'll need you to design the blue and green areas of the templates attached. I'll do the orange part.
What do I expect? Well, essentially, to look like a new Microsoft website or product - something that you'd expect from Microsoft. What I recommend is to KEEP IS VERY SIMPLE - but still have something special in it! Look at some of our web sites to get some ideas if you need guidance.
I'll give you feedback as frequently as I can. This means once a day, but often times, 3-4 times a day. I also give you detailed feedback, not only the scores. If you have any questions, post them to the contest, so that everyone else can see the replies.
Looking forward to your excellent and creative ideas! Can't wait to see them!!!!!!!!!
>>> About the elements of the pages:
HEADER (BLUE AREA):
- App logo: this is the logo of the app. I'll take care of this one as a separate 99 contest. For illustration purposes, please include some sample icon in your page that you'd recommend for your concept's style. For inspiration on icons, see "icon inspiration.jpg" attached or a Windows Phone 7 photo at http://www.grabgeekpoints.com/stora…en_web.jpg
- Bank logo: it's a wide logo, attached an example to the contest (logo.jpg). The picture says 210 x 51 pixels, but you can use a smaller version if it works better for your design. You can also invert it and if you search on the internet, you might find a higher-res version of the logo.
- Search box: search textbox and some nice button - up to you!
- 2 global menus: 2 links on the page to get support and get help
LOCAL MENU (GREEN AREA): Different content for each app. Expect a 2-level menu though (3-4 main menu and 4-5 sub-menu for each). If you use icons, please use very simple 1-colour ones - use the Windows Mobile 7 screenshot for inspiration: http://www.grabgeekpoints.com/stora…en_web.jpg
>>> Some More stuff:
RESOLUTION: The standard PC resolution in the bank is 800x600, please consider this when designing the layouts. However, many users use higher resolutions, such as 1280 x 1024. Please target the 800 x 600 resolution and show an 1280 x 1024 resolution as well if you can.
FONTS: Verdana Bold and Verdana Regular. Verdana Bold is to be used to accentuate key areas of a page, such as headings and items in the primary navigation.
COLOURS: Please see palette.jpg attached. This consists of three colours, along with a suite of tints of each colour. The main corporate blue is the primary colour, with the red and grey being secondary colours. The term “secondary colours” means that red and grey should be used as an accent or highlighting on areas such as symbols and icons rather than in the entire page