TWdesign quickly turned around new designs based on feedback and was very easy to work with. I was impressed by both her ability to come up with a novel design and the speed at which she was able to take vague ides and turn them into something visually appealing.
How amikhnov started their web page design journey
I am working on the redesign of the US Clay-Mates website – I only need the home page. Here is some history on Clay-Mates:
• A Clay-Mate is a clay toy, which has a name and birth date. This information can only be obtained by visiting the website. Once on the website, visitors learn of the virtual house for tracking their collections (they create a user name and password). Once they scroll through the Clay-Mates to find their character, they can then drag and drop into their virtual house.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Children, ages 8 to 12, and parents
• Easy going
• Clean (but colorful – NOT Apple.com style)
• Easy to navigate
• Not noisy
• Avoid resolution higher than 1280x1024 (unless you have something VERY special)
o Try to keep entire page visible above the fold
If impossible, Primary and Secondary Panels MUST BE visible above the fold
• Avoid too many gradients (site needs to be clean and I want to achieve as much as possible using CSS) – a little gradient is OK
I am open to new and different ideas – be creative and remember, you're doing it for kids ages 8 to 12 years old. They layout can be anything you want but I provided some samples to make your work easier. Please submit a design with "idle view" and mouse over a drop-down navigation that shows 2nd level drop-down.
Final handoff must be:
• fully layers PSD
• all fonts included
• navigation / drop-downs must have 3 states
o idle (neutral)
o active (I'm on that page)
o mouse over (mouse is over the button)
I will be working with the winner on the redesign (for additional $$) of the inside pages.
Thank you everyone and I look forward to seeing your work!