We are a young software development company that delivers online benefits enrollment and administration technology solutions seeking help from this design community in building our web presence and gathering a community from our existing users around our company and product.
The following list describes our various market segments:
* Employers: Organizations that directly utilize BenTek for enrolling their employees in employee benefits and administrating those benefits. These organizations are the primary consumers and target audience for BenTek. These companies can be broadly split into:
Private: Privately owned or publicly traded companies and corporations.
Municipal: Local, state, and federal organizations.
* Insurance Brokers: Organizations that assist employers with the selection and renewal of employee benefits.
* Payroll Companies: Organizations that provide either payroll platforms or payroll outsourcing to employers.
* Third Party Administrators: People or organizations that provide outsourced management and administration of specific employee benefits, e.g. FSA.
* Insurance Carriers: Organizations that provide employee benefit plans and options.
* Enrollment Companies: Organizations that assist employers with enrolling their employees in employee benefits.
Also, within each market segment, the customers are further defined by their roles within their organization:
* General employees (everyone who uses the application to elect benefits)
* Benefits administrators (people who manage the application on a daily basis)
* Customer IT, HR, and payroll staff
* Insurance carrier representatives
* Resellers of BenTek
* Design should cater to three primary functions: marketing, community, and support.
* Design must be clean, not cluttered, and give a professional yet inviting feel.
* Logo design should remain unaltered, but the color of the logo can be changed to match the site.
* Corporate colors are blue and silver (see https://www.mybentek.com/demo), but variations on the color scheme are welcome.
* Stock art should be royalty free.
* Final design should be delivered in layered .psd (RGB).
This page will serve as the unauthenticated landing page for the site. The features we want included as a minimum on the landing page are as follows:
* Product brief (feel free to include placeholder text and/or graphics)
* Login area
* Site search
* News and information area (e.g. recent events)
In addition, we would like to link to the following items (feel free to organize as you see fit):
* About Us
* Contact Us
* Product Description
* Product Demos
* Case Studies
* Jobs / Careers
* Social Network Links: Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin
* RSS Feed
* User Forums
* Product Documentation
* Site Map
Optionally, we would like to include the following items:
*Tagline - “Benefits Technology By Benefits People”
* Site organized by market segment, e.g. For Employers, For Brokers, For Existing Customers.
* Site organized by customer roles, e.g. Employee, HR, IT, Payroll
http://www.mybentek.com is our current web site. It was designed as a billboard site during our earlier years, but we've long since outgrown it and are seeking a more encompassing and professional site.
* https://www.mybentek.com/demo/ - For corporate colors.
* http://www.atlassian.com/ - We like how well spaced the design is while still allowing freedom to be link heavy on the landing page.
* http://www.seapine.com/ - The site is well margined, but it feels too busy and requires a magnifying glass to read.