I'm looking for a talented designer to re-design http://www.textilebbr.com/index.php?lang=2 (should look way better than it currently does). I want a design that is clean, simple, and above all usable.
I have currently other projects lined up and can imagine a long-term collaboration too.
LOOK & FEEL
The owners of the place and employees are friendly, helpful and competent. They offer large variety of upholstery fabrics, curtains etc.
The positive approach and focus on individual needs of customer should somehow be projected in the overall look & feel of the site. Some common characteristics are:
- PERSONAL TOUCH, FRIENDLY - not a big impersonal warehouse
- LARGE VARIETY - (high-quality western upholstery fabrics, curtains, bedcovers etc *in stock*)
- NO Online-Store - rather a catalogue (without prices). From the site people should get enticed to call by phone or visit the shop.
- PLENTY PHOTOS and SAMPLES will be featured on the site to display current models.
- FUNCTIONAL, CLEAN, EASY TO NAVIGATE - (NO drop-down menu items etc)
- FLAT --> I prefer "flat" look, with skillful use of borders, backgrounds and shades. There might be the occasional 3D element, like a button etc, to draw extra attention at key areas.
- WordPress info --> This design will be incorporated into WordPress and will need to be coded as much as possible with CSS in order to make it "light" and quick to load. Therefore, keep CSS limitations in mind.
- NO POP-UP WINDOWS
- Conveys a professional image (not cheesy)
Up to you, but keep in mind a "friendly" and "fabric-like" look.
Sites I consider "Elegant" and "Stylish"
- Optimized for a centered and fixed 1024 x 768 resolution
- Header and Navigation Bar Not too tall (to allow sufficient space for content and pictures above the fold)
- File formats: Prefer a Fireworks PNG, but will accept Adobe PSD
- Home (News/Latest)
- Useful Tips (Blog)
- About Us
- Attention to detail (small things matter :-)
- Logo + some small tag-line to go with it, like... "Find The Right Fabric For You" etc. (you can suggest something too..)
- Get the Logo in big size here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=…f6e8ebb871
- Phone number, email & "friendly" call to action ALWAYS present in header at top of page.
- Language Flag switch for two languages (English & Bulgarian) always present on top of page too
- Small RSS icon
- I would like to see your design displayed in 1, 2, and 3 column layouts. This is critical as different pages on the site will have different column structures.
- One of the sidebars should always have a simple opt-in box form for customers to subscribe to receive useful tips/news etc, plus section for some featured links or latest fabrics...
- Home page (3 columns) - should have space for a Featured-Gallery-Script to display latest models, like on this page: http://postgreen.com/
- TIP: We are looking for a way to best display and browse through all the different kinds of models (under "models" section) - WITHOUT opening pop-up windows as it is the case at the moment. Everything needs to remain on the page and a simplistic and very clear to navigate approach is desired.