SalesPipe is a startup venture to allow small business owners to track their sales pipeline in a simple, interactive and highly usable way.
The key concept is an online application that provides a dashboard that shows their sales over the next few months in a graphical way. Under the graph, a table shows aggregated sales analytics for the month, and a list of follow ups is listed underneath.
Clicking on each follow-up table entry will popup a lightbox-style form to update and change various details about the followed up sales opportunity (e.g. update the status, schedule a new follow up, etc).
Small business owners
To design only (no coding) the dashboard page and corresponding look of the lightbox form.
Notes about forms/pages
I am looking for a 2.0, clean, light, and interactive look very much like those used for the http://www.37signals.com suite of web apps – obviously your own take on this. I quite like their use of block colors and lines/grid without the rounding of corners - lots of whitespace - avoid boxing in graphs and tables as this will not get good feedback.
Here's some reference web apps that I've referred other designers to who have entered this competition - I will be basing comparison feedback to these:
1. See the dashboard wireframe for a good overview of the components this page has to support
2. Lots of options for styling the graph, see here for examples http://code.google.com/p/flot/wiki/FlotUsage. (scroll down the page)
3. Support for a date picker to pick date ranges for the graph
4. Feel free to put some interpretation into the sales analytics section especially where I've use highlighting in the wireframe.
5. The sales follow-ups list needs to show overdue, those due this week, and upcoming follow-ups – please see uploaded wireframe for contents and layout for this table.
Lightbox Popup Form
1. See the form popup wireframe for a good overview of the components this page has to support - keep everything white/grey and use big fonts for the labels/data - keep the fields and layout very close to my wireframe interpretation.
2. Show in your popup design form validation errors on this form so overall message and individual problem fields.