We are a startup company who are looking to provide an one stop online resource of information of Halal eating places around Australia. We are looking to fill a void in which there is a lack of information about Halal eating options, and are looking to provide an interactive, easy to use directory show casing Halal restaurants, and allow users to rate their favourite places.
Our target audience is all ages, generally the Muslim community, however we are not aiming to portray religious messages, rather our site will be just like any other restaurant directory website, where the niche is Halal restaurants.
Contemporary web design for a business listing directory focused on Halal Restaurants. There needs to be a web 2.0 look and feel to the design.
We have an existing logo, and would like some text treatment applied to it as part of the design.
What I already have versus what the provider will deliver:
We already have a basic design with some generic elements, however the current design is amateurish and am looking looking for someone to come in and add some real oomph and life to the design. I will provide annotated screenshots for a three column and two column layout. A unique homepage layout will need to be designed.
All web designs will be delivered in PSD format, and logo to be provided in AI/EPS format.
1. Like the idea of having a banner/hero image underneath the header, with the About HalalSquare text blurb this will serve well as the homepage. Hero image can include dishes of food from around the world, give it that *global* feeling.
2. Details page - please include a mini version of the Google Map, which will link to the actual Map page. No need to design Map page.
3. Menu - needs to be flexible enough to add/remove items, as members/advertisers will have different menu options. So menu should be placed in a bar.
4. Menu - Level 1 items, Needs to have hover/active status designed
5. Menu - Level 2 items. needs to be designed and have hover/active status designed
6. Quick search, no need for this to appear in homepage, but needs to appear on all other pages
7. About Halal Square no longer needs to appear in footer, it should appear on the homepage on top of the hero/background image. The footer as per brief needs keyword anchors, a good example is http://www.exa.com.au/ - You can add dummy text for the keywords
8. Please use the gradient used as the table gradient on original design - because this is derived from a third party control and is too much work to change. This gradient can be used as background of promo pane titles
9. Design 2 variants of the promo panes, the only difference should be different gradient colour, will be used as for extra special promos etc
3 PSD templates
1. Home page - Three column, include banner and blurb at the top.
2. Content page - Three column, without the banner and blurb at the top. Contains 3 variations of RHS promo pane. variant is colour based on the header
4. Details page - Two column, without banner and blurb. Include mini version of Google Map.