We're looking to give http://www.raptorshq.com a facelift! We've had the current look for the past two years but would like to make it a bit easier on the eyes and capable of supporting various new media formats.
For now, all we really want is some different ideas on the look of a new site. There are a ton of NBA and sports blogs out there and we'd like to come up with a distinct and innovative look, not to mention one that's not as busy and has space for some advertising. We've been running RaptorsHQ for over 3 years now and have become THE source for Raptors fans and therefore want to make a site that reflects their interests as well.
- Site that doesn't require much scrolling at all (ie - 85% of content above the fold.)
- Site that uses space from left to right better.
- Room for 3 ad units...a banner (as is currently the case), a skyscraper on one side, and perhaps a smaller box somewhere.
- Less red. Yes, we still need some for both the team colous and the Canadian spin, but not as much.
- Some sort of way to identify the following page names: "Raptors HQ Blog," "HQ Game-Day," "HQ Watercooler," and "HQ International." Tabbed browsing, drop-down boxes...whatever you think might look best.
- Space for a schedule on the HQ Game-Day page, as well as divisional standings, a "game-day chat box," and a video viewer (even simply something that can play Youtube clips.)
- Current logo displayed on each page.
- No "hooplife" mentions as we will be leaving the site. (Hence no need for the tabbed browsing names at the top.)