Lory is a very talented and dedicated designer. The handover process was used for even more iterations of the design and the result is a very complete design package.
- Ralf Schimmel
How seahorsemedia started their web page design journey
This is a total redesign of an existing website called Ultimate Travel Magazine (http://www.ultimatetravelmagazine.com). As you’ll see we’ve developed a good content base, but it really needs to be spruced up and updated and we’re aiming for a whole new look and design to give it the “wow” factor it’s currently lacking, with a design that’s sophisticated, elegant, evokes luxury, and is ultimately engaging.
Ultimate Travel Magazine
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
What we need:
We need four components of our site to be designed in Photoshop - no coding necessary. Our original high res images can be downloaded as a 72 MB pdf from http://www.seahorsemedia.com.au/photography.html . The link is near the bottom of the page. Other generic non-copyright photos are fine as well, if needed.
1. The home page - which will obviously set the tone for the other three bits. Our “latest features” will form the basis of the content on the home page with thumbnails of 100px X 75.
2. Section/Department page - this will list all the feature articles in a particluar section.
3. Feature Article Page - we'll need a headline and body copy. There will be one lead-in or main photograph, 350px X 240px, placed right at the top of the article, with a two-thirds length caption with a link to a photo gallery (as outlined below).
Somewhere on this page it would be great to have a “Fact File” box where we can put our information: “Getting There”, “Where To Stay”, “Tours”, and “More Information”. It would be good to have some icons for these items as well. This info will contain links to external sites.
4. Slideshow Photo Gallery - about 12 high res images
What the website is about:
Ultimate Travel is a combination of real travel experiences, high quality photography, topical information and practical advice which needs to be presented in an eye-catching, contemporary format which is easy to use, with links to relevant sources of information to help the reader research an experience or destination.
Our Target Audience:
Our subscribers and readers are typically between the ages of 30 and 60 who range from middle income earners who are looking for one special trip each year, to high wealth individuals who travel several times a year, and often on business trips.
- Item 1...
* Sophisticated and elegant design, evoking images of high end travel. Open to ideas. Something like http://www.luxurytravel.com as a rough guide.
* Easy navigation
Menu 1: Home, Advertising, Media, About Us.
Main Menu: Travel Features, Cruising, Gourmet Travel, Hotel Heaven, Spa File, Global Style, Travel News, Competitions, Charities and Blog
A destination search menu, with a generic search function as well.
- * A 728 X 90px advertising leaderboard at top and bottom of pages
* Two medium rectangle advertising leaderboards on right side 300 X 250px.
- * Two additional boxes of 300 X 250 to include our "competitions" "and subscriptions"
- * a module for "click here for our latest galleries"
- * icons for "email us", pdf, print, at the bottom of each page
- Item 1...* A slightly reworked version of our old site.
* Template design
* wacky green or fluorescent colours