Super responsive to requests and criticism, offered good ideas without arguing. A strong candidate from the first submission.
How Claytonarch started their web page design journey
Clayton Design Services
I run a residential design and drafting business out of my home in Northern California. I am a sole proprietor with no employees. I hold a bachelor's degree in architecture from Cornell University. I specialize in the residential market because there is a difference between a "house" and a "Home." I strive to illuminate this difference in my work and help my clients achieve the unique spaces that their lifestyles deserve. I work from my home so that I may remain in touch with the key issues that define the residential condition---family, safety, and comfort, while continuing an awareness of the needs for cleanliness, organization, and storage.
I have a commitment to Green Building technologies; I make every effort to encourage my clients to invest that little extra to make health-conscious material selections and to choose sustainable processes whenever possible. To that end I hold a LEED-AP certification.
I am a marathon runner, a woodworker, a guitar player, and a video gamer in my spare time.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Most of my clients are employed in or recently retired from the high-tech industries in and around San Jose, California. These people are technologically savvy, fans of science-fiction, and love their high-tech toys. I help my clients with much needed renovations and remodels to accommodate the ever-changing needs of their families, on both ends of the age spectrum. A project may be triggered because a baby is on the way, a child has gone to university, or because a grandparent is moving in.
I live and work in a relatively dense area (by U.S. standards, anyway); space is at a premium and zoning restrictions frequently limit the size and character of an addition. Solutions need to be efficient and relatively affordable to offset the high cost of real estate.
Criteria for consideration:
1) Use my existing Clayton Design Services logo, see the attached files and my existing website at http://www.clayton-arch.com.
2) Provide a navigation menu with links to the various pages within the website (and room to grow as my portfolio expands) that works within the character of the website.
3) Clear and easily legible text.
4) Modernist / Post Modernist aesthetic---lean, edgy rhythm with hints of science fiction flavor. I'm a designer; have fun and make it cool!
5) Prefer colors black and red, but willing to consider other suggestions.
6) Design must be capable of quick-loading in majority of web browsers. No Flash animation.