How SwatiDhawan started their web page design journey
We are looking to launch an exciting new cashback website in the UK, called Pouring Pounds.
Pouring Pounds offers cashback to its users on all of their shopping done via Pouring Pounds.
We are building an online market place where users will find over 2000 of their favorite online retailers listed with us. When users shop by visiting these retailers via our website (http://www.pouringpounds.com) they earn a cashback, each time. The percentages and number vary by retailer but there is a saving in true cash every time they shop via us. And this saving comes to you absolutely free. There is no annual fee, no admin charge, nothing at all.
For example, if you book hotels on hotels.com worth £500 via Pouring Pounds and hotels.com is offering 10% cashback, you would get £50 back on your purchase!
There is also a referral program to help people earn when they refer friends. When you refer someone, 10% of whatever cashback they earn comes to you, every time they shop. This 10% comes from us, not from your friend's earnings. Assuming average cashback in the UK of £200. When you refer someone not only do they earn £200, you also earn £20. So if you were to refer 50 of your friends, that’s an easy £1000! These earnings are in addition to the cashback you would earn on your own purchases of course.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are targetting individuals, businesses, charities, students and organisations to use this website. It needs to always look professional and slick.. but also fun and inviting.
We are also building in a lot of functionality for people to use, comment, refer friends etc. We already have the website design here in ppt.
- we are ok with the structure of the page. we have put all this info here because we do want it on the home page
- the right and left columns are repeated at various points during the website
What we need:
- what is missing is that the page does not have a good finish, and looks incomplete
- perhaps something is missing on the header? some light design maybe..
- the colours are a bit mixed up, nothing stands out.. so we need you to suggest what else could work.. We do like black and orange as colours though
- the fonts need to be improved.. some may not be html friendly. So your design improvements should keep in mind to use fonts that are accepted on all browsers
- the spacing between various boxes should be consistent and shd look nice
- think of how to highlight 'pouring pick of the day' type boxes
We have this design in the attached powerpoint currently. We would need the photoshop version of the page from you since that will ensure best finish in html.
We are looking for improvements on the design generally and suggestions on the colour etc. We dont want to totally re-design the page such that the structure changes.. more stylistic improvements are needed.
It is very very likely that once we work with you on this we will also ask your help in re-designing and improving a few other pages too.
We are also getting a 'How it works' video designed. This will come on the middle of the page.. in the size as we have in the ppt.
Lastly, since we have a web developer constructing the website right now we are under time pressure and would like to get this done asap.
For now please start with working on the home page and once we finalise that to some extent you can look at the other pages since they shouldnt be so difficult. All suggestions and questions very welcome. Look forward to hearing from you!