This is my first contest here. And I am enjoying this site already.
Feel free to submit your web 2.0 design during the last 24 hours. Nothing is decided yet, although you will find some strong competition going on.
As a bonus - if you want - you can get your bio as the designer of hostingspeeds.com with a link to your web site. Our visitors are webmasters and web hosts, which happen to be your customers.
Since this is an existing web site web design update I already have lots of visitors with 12,094,990 page views so far.
Let this short introduction inspire you for the winning web site design I need for one of my web sites. It's a technical site making the jump to web 2.0. It's about hosting and speed and who is fastest.
hostingspeeds.com is a site where webmasters and web hosts can submit their servers to compare their web host speed with 3000+ other web hosts in almost 100 countries.
Jamie Scott won the PHP-programmer contest and is currently re-writing the script into web 2.0 with plugins support for Wordpress, Joomla etc.
As you will see at the site hostingspeeds.com also needs a web 2.0 design and Jamie adviced me to ask this great community.
Please submit in 1 PSD your web design for:
- main page with speed ranking of web hosts
- web hosting detail page (with flexible areas for speed stats)
- members page with even more flexible speed stat areas
- an animated "speed test in progress" in a floating div
It's a guaranteed $775 contest.
May the best design win.
I like web designs like these: akzonobel.com
I'm a web design newbie, but I think this might be interesting
The new design should be attractive for both webmasters and web hosts. Clear and professional with an "I want to sign up here" feeling.
Early januari 2009 I started a contest to find a programmer to code it. On January 31, 2009 Jamie Scott at http://www.jamiescott.net/ has won that contest and will code hostingspeeds v3. He prefers to focus on coding and let the design being done by another web designer. He referred me to this site mentioning the talented web designers out here.
Hostingspeeds.com v3 will serve speed testing banners via plugins and widgets for Wordpress, Joomla etc., so please also include some designs for speed test consoles. They will show up on blogs and portals that run on those scripts.
Jan Paul ten Wolde
- While you send in designs, I will add more "What I want" to this list. This is what describes what I want:
- web 2.0 look and feel
- professional though
- easy on the eyes.
- Web host tech guys and speed freaks visit the site, so the site should focus on them. They should feel in charge of their online web host speed tools control panel (from where they test their fastest servers to other hosts world wide)
- please submit at least one blue version of your design
- very clear buttons are highly appreciated
- the current logo can be styled 2.0 or replaced
- there should be a bottom area for links to FAQ etc.
- please submit 4 pages in 1 PSD if allowed/possible
- please include a designed flexible area where stats can be presented. Stats will probably look like this: http://people.iola.dk/olau/flot/exa…ction.html
- please include a designed web host ranking table
- What else do I want? I want a happy winner!
- I will fill out this list when I feel the need to write down what I don't want
- The new design should not be called v2. It will be v3.