I’ll try to give as many information as possible, in order for you to know what we are looking for. Do not be scared by the amount of info :)
What we want:
- A design for a website about footbal (soccer) tournaments, that can be adapted easily to different tournaments type or organizations. It needs to be completely skinnable just by changing CSS.
- Some document stating what font/color/size/images should be use for letters, buttons, scrolls, tables, etc.. So that new pages or CSS popups, etc. are still made according to design.
There is already a site online, but its made in flash and without DB (takes long time to load all data). You can see 3 versions of it in:
We do not want users to loose the current pleasant navigation experience, so its likely some components wont be reloaded on each click, so lots of Ajax or similar will be used.
The protype/layout its in attach (OldLayout.png).
- The site should be visible in 1024x768 resolutions without scrolls (scroll may appear inside tables if necessary depending on content, that will be made on our side).
- Design will be skinnable by changing CSS files, so please take that in mind in order not to make impossible stuff for coders to cut in XHTML/CSS :)
- Like in the current pages, we still want a footer to place messages rotating there (like now).
In attach its also the new layout client would like to see (NewLayout.png).
Talking about the layout:
- Its not fix, if you think of something better, propose it.
- We are not sure where to place ads/sponsors, those are chances. Look in here: http://www.beiramar.pt/beiramar/ On top there is a rotating news that client told us could be using similar to sponsors. Dont know if thats a good proposal or we should have an header identifying tournament/company, etc.. Propose.
- The contact/login its just an email link with mailto or redirect to contact page and a place for login/password.
IMPORTANT - The horizontal menu client wants its not consensual. They proposed a 5 level menu that can be set in DB, but basically with this levels:
1st level (Type) - Futsal, Football 7, Jorky, Academies, ...
2nd level (Tournaments) - Euroleague, N10 Auto, Company League, ...
3rd level (Editions) - 1st edition, 2nd edition or 2009/2010, 2010/2011, ...
4rd level (competion) - 1st League, 2nd League, Cup, Champions League, ...
5th level - News, Classification, Calendar, Top Scorer, Discipline, Stats, Teams, Photos, ....
As an example of the menu he showed us this one (menulevels.png in attach) but this one has 3 levels.
WE propose you do a 5 level menu chance AND propose us something else, like a 3 level menu and on top, a menu (similar to new firefox one) with the first two levels, for example, surprise us.
- On bootom there will be a fix footer where some news will rotate with a marquee probably.