Marriage Is So Gay, MarriageIsSoGay.com
Marriage Is So Gay [MISG] is a t-shirt company with a heart, conscience and (stylish) sense of humor.
We love our friends - we love marriage - and we think marriage is so gay.
We only make t-shirts we would wear and that we'd share with our friends. In fact, it's why we created the "Marriage Is So Gay" t-shirt -- so we could support our friends - in style. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of each MISG T-shirt is donated to organizations promoting marriage equality.
Starting with number "1", each t-shirt's label features a unique, handwritten number noting the number of people sporting the tee to date. We will host an equality party when our t-shirt counter hits 100,000 people supporting marriage equality. People love this numbering campaign and regularly post to our Facebook noting the t-shirt number in the tag of their tee which we encourage.
Our company’s t-shirt features the MISG logo on a black American Apparel tee which has been our only offering to date. We are about to release two new tees in blue and red.
We are looking to transform what has until now been a single t-shirt into a full-fledged MISG product line that will come to feature t-shirts in different colors and eventually other products such as tank tops, kids tees, and baby onesies. As part of this transformation we have recently commissioned a photoshoot that shows the new direction of the line http://www.tabblo.com/studio/storie…w/1774139/
We are looking for a website design that will:
1) Increase conversion rates of visitors into purchasers
2) Draw people in and encourage them to connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and encourage them to post the number of the tee they receive in the mail on Facebook
3) Make visitors feel they are not “just” purchasing an ordinary t-shirt - they are participating in and buying into something a lot greater.
People who support marriage equality; yep, that includes our many straight supporters.
- Looking for 3 PSDs – one for the homepage, color page and product page (or 2 psds if your design combines the color page and product page features). FOR INITIAL SUBMMITAL PURPOSES YOU ONLY NEED TO DESIGN THE HOMEPAGE and we'll invite several of the designs we like the best to produce the other two pages.
- All pages should feature the marriage is so gay logo, menu bar.
- Strong use of photo(s) including at least one dominant photo. All 3 shirt colors should be featured on the front (either group or single photos)
- 1-3 paragraph blocks for us to describe t-shirt and what we’re about.
- Facebook, Twitter, and Tell-A-Friend badge
- Marriage Equality T-Shirt Counter (it’s where we put the number of shirts sold to date). Might be cool to even have the counter number on a photo of an American apparel t-shirt label.
-Navigation to following sections: Home, Store, About, Share, Press, Contact
- Page should have “[his]” and “[her]” link to the “color page” appropriate.
- Can be combined with product page if design accommodates both color and product page functions.
- Customer will choose t-shirt color on this page . The 3 colors are [Night], [Royal], and [Fire] (i.e., black, blue and red).
- Feature one photo of model in each of 3 colors that links to product page
For purposes of PSD assume, it’s a men’s blue tee. Should contain:
- 1 dominant photo of model.
- “More views” gallery with 6 additional product photos
- Short 3 to 4 sentence product description
- “Size” (drop down menu)
- “A portion of my purchase goes to” (drop down menu)
- “Add to Cart” button
- “View Cart” button
- “Sizing” link (link that we’ll connect to external sizing page)
- “See another color” link back to color page in case they want to look at another color
- I’ve included a hand drawn PDF of one potential design that could be used that borrows heavily from our existing page. Feel free to use this as a starter or come up with something new. We’re open to ideas - in fact, we heart new ideas ;-)
- If you need more inspiration check out some t-shirt design sites at http://directory.bigcartel.com/stor…ng-company
- Words to describe what we’re looking for? Sleek, Stylish, Modern, Fashion, Hipster
- Please no rainbows. ;-)