The design concept required that cover the a HTML5 web site.
The page will be a Landing Page tailored towards a standard office user that has access to the below modules "menu items"
The landing page or dashboard page is where the user will be transported after a successful login.
The application landing page will be dictated by the users role so it will be essentially different for each user role. However the design look and feel will traverse across each
Menu Items Required
An element is a function that is associated with a button, however when clicked / Touched may transport the user to a certain part of the application
• Home or Dashboard button – Will transport the user back to the landing or dashboard screen
• Logout button – will log the user out of the system and transport them to the login screen
• User Name Button – Shows the current users Full Name, with login name underneath. If this is clicked the user will be taken to their user details
Page content takes up the main area of the screen. I believe it should display recent activity and other quick view information. Examples of the types of information that could be shown are:
• Recent assets – During a session a user will modify numerous assets. Maybe a list of recently modified assets could be shown with contextual data such as a tyre pressure trend graph
• Tasks – List of tasks with the ability to create a new tasks
• Daily Calender view with tasks shown (view could be day,week,month), a particular user (EG: Supervisor ) may choose to show all of his subordinates task on a single calendar view
• Recent activity Icons or graphics. EG:
o Add new asset
o Add pressure check
o Create new user
o Last report used
• Search facility
• Alerts – An alert may be that an asset is due for a pressure check