Our brand/products are inspired by Ernest Shackleton (20th century Antarctic explorer). I would like the label and packaging to capture the spirit of that era. Think old telegrams/postcards, whisky and sense of adventure. It might be helpful to google Ernest Shackleton, Scotch whisky, old medicine bottle labels etc for design inspiration.
Our beard oil is bottled into 10ml amber bottle. I would like a vintage label which incorporates my current company logo. Please note that I have uploaded files of the logo (in various formats). Design reference material has also been attached.
1. Company logo must be used on the front
2. ‘100% Natural’ should be on the front
3. The front needs to state the name of the beard oil i.e. ‘The Boss’. The words ‘Beard Oil’ should also be included on the front
4. The main scents should be on the front i.e. Blood Orange and Cedarwood
5. The front needs to state the bottle size 10ml
6. The label will need to be one continuous piece which wraps the bottle. Straight rectangle label please, no die-cut.
7. The label will need to have an ingredients section at the back. These are the ingredients. Oils: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). There should also be space for up to 5 different essential oils (scents) to be listed. These are the scents used for The Boss
-Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel Oil
-Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Wood Oil
- Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Gum Oil
8. Colour designs are acceptable, as well as black and white etc. Label will go on a 10ml amber dropper bottle.
9. The shelf life/period after opening symbol (12M) should be included, at the back
10. Company address and location of production should be included, possibly at the back
‘Handcrafted in Scotland by SELKIE SKINCARE LIMITED 3/2, 19 Rupert Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G49AP’
12. The label must have a section for directions (at the back). ‘Directions: Dispense a few drops into the palm of your hand and rub together. Smooth the oil thoroughly into your beard and comb through. Test on skin first for allergens. For external use only’.
We will be creating other products in the future and the winning artist will work with us again on additional items for our company i.e. labels for Beard Balm, Moustache wax and soap.