Tool-Log.com.au is an 'always open' online power tools serial number logging and job-site / employee management tool that aims to reduce lost revenue linked to theft of tradesmen' (tradies) power tools.
Web based software, 24/7/365 access - if your tools get stolen mark them as stolen, buy new tools, log them right away, looking to buy a 2nd hand tools then search us first.
This is an Australian company dealing with a "Tradies" (trademans) culture in Australia
http://www.tool-log.com.au - take the tour
Our target market are tradesman (electrician, plumbers, carpenters), handy men, contractors, trade businesses that employ and manage 100's of workers on multiple building sites.
We need them to log their tools to provide the Buyer Beware Search service traction and credibility. The more people that log their tools the more relevant the service and the more useful the service gets for everyone buying 2nd hand tools online or 'offline'.
2nd hand Tools may be bought online from ebay, tradingpost.com.au or pawnbroker stores and people need a way to be sure the tools they are purchasing are not stolen.
In Australia, Power tools are tradesmen 2nd best friend. (his dog is his 1st)
Slogan and tag lines:
1. Before they flog 'em Tool-Log 'em (Australia slang)
2. Log Your Tools. There's safety in numbers. (Works on many levels - reference to numbers because they need to log their tools serial numbers, has a direct call to action, references safety, provides the image of safety by association with others doing the same thing.)
3. What do you do when your tools go walkabout ?...or....Power Tools gone walkabout? (reference to Australian indigenous and a common aussie slang word)
4. Less than $1 per week for individuals
5. Individuals can log 5 tools for free.
We need a double sided, full colour, A4 promotional brochure to sell the concept - this is the problem...tool-log is the solution - that will be placed:
1) On trade wholesale supplier check-out counters,
2) posted on notice boards and tradesman's educational colleges (TAFE)
3 )and used for general promotional purposes at trade shows
We needimages of tradies and tradesmen in distress, on job-sites/ work site/ building sites, using computers and/or being happy after using the service, vans/trucks full of tools, thieves being caught by police.
We need a small white or pale colour section (front or back) to place a coupon code they can use to get a discount when they login to claim their membership and we can use to track where the brochure is working.
Consider placing a "paper" tool-log on the reverse side (1/4 page? half page?) so they can use the brochure as their starting 'tool-log' and then transfer the information they write on the brochure into the online version.
At the bottom of the paper tool-log section have a line that says something like:
"Now that you have recorded all your tool's details, get online at http://www.tool-log.com.au and log them now. Individuals can Log 5 Tools For Free!"