I am an entrepreneur writing a book for other entrepreneurs. The book outlines a systematic process for building successful products.
The basic thesis is that 9 out of 10 startups (or new products) fail, and "Running Lean" shows how to apply 3 core methodologies to help raise the odds for success.
The first 2 chapters of the book are available for download on the landing page. I'd highly recommend gleaning at least the Introduction to get a sense of the book.
My primary audience are typically other entrepreneurs, marketers, software developers, and designers.
I require a front and back cover that should work for both an ebook (Kindle/iPad) and print format (5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches).
On the landing page (http://www.runningleanhq.com), you'll see a placeholder book cover template.
1. I want to keep the black, orange, grey (text) color theme.
2. I'd like there to be a testimonial at the top. You can use the following placeholder text for now till I pick a final one:
"The nuts and bolts for building a successful product" - ASH MAURYA, Author
3. Title: RUNNING LEAN
Sub-title: Iterate from Plan A to a plan that works
This is where I need your help the most. I can envision two possible approaches here:
- one communicates the sub-title i.e. systematic process for building a successful product. Some concepts that might apply: roadmap, origami, right action-right time, iteration.
- the other triggers a more visceral emotional reaction to what you feel about the title "Running Lean". Some concepts that might apply: Speed-Learning-Focus, Efficiency, Iteration.
Use the concepts just as a guide. This is where I need your creativity the most :-)
From some of the early designs submitted I'd like to add a general comment to try and convey that Running Lean is a transformative process and that it's ok to show more than one image like a before:after.
1. 5 testimonials (will get these to you later)
SOME COVERS I LIKE
1. Rework by Jason Fried, David Hanson
2. Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuck
3. 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris