How mcgd started their other graphic design journey
I want to get a tattoo. I don't have any tattoos right now. I want to integrate a few things into a simple, novel design that will look good in ink.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I want a tattoo design for a tattoo on my leg (center of my left upper thigh facing front, about 6 inches above the top of my kneecap). I have been thinking about getting a tattoo for a long time and I'm ready now to do it. I tried designing my own, but they all sucked. So I want to turn to a talented person. Maybe that's you? :)
- Design for black ink tattoo;
- Design should be round or oval, 3-4 inches in diameter;
- Design should be masculine (I'm a dude);
- Incorporate the phrase, De Rerum Natura, into the design (it's the name of a poem I like, it means "On the Nature of Things");
- The poem was written in Latin by a famous writer named Lucretius a few thousand years ago;
- The poem deals with the fundamental aspects of nature and it was one of the first arguments that the "gods" do not take interest in the daily lives of humans if they even exist;
- It's a poem most closely associated with the philosophy of Epicurus (look it up);
- Use any font you like, but remember the origin of the poem, the time context, etc.
- MUST be clean and tidy -- almost like a logo or a badge; needs to survive years of potential exposure to remain visually interesting and clean looking.
- Flowers or animals; something cute or feminine
- Old English or Gothic lettering
- Not too much black (ouch!)
- Hearts, swords, or any other tattoo cliche