I 'm 27 years old and have an online business that is involved with sound effects and music for TV, radio, independent film, video games, websites etc.
I decided to 'crowdsource' my tattoo, since I can't find any cool designs out there and I can't make one myself.
I have studied sound and music production at good schools. Sound is my passion, but also the way I make my living. So I want to always have something to remind me of that, especially in times where the music industry is in trouble and many people are pessimistic about its future as an industry.
I also DJ from time to time at bars, clubs and mainly houses, which I prefer keeping as a hobby, although I went through a phase where I was taking it more seriously. Just so you get an idea, here are a few of my favorite artists/ DJs:
Fred Falke, Alan Braxe, Peaches, Daft Punk, Diplo, A-Trak, M.I.A., J- Dilla, DJ Premier, Erykah Badu, A Tribe Called Quest, Lee Perry, Horace Andy, The Beach Boys, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin.
A lot of reggae/ dancehall, hip hop and a lot of nu-disco/ house/ electroclash.
The target is mainly myself, since I 'll be the one looking at it most of the time ;)
IMPORTANT: There are new instructions added below.
I 'm looking for an original tattoo design for my inner wrist.
The theme of the tattoo is music and/ or sound.
I am in the music and sound industry, and own a pretty successful business related to sound effects and music for picture, video games etc. I want to symbolize music or sound to remind me of my dedication and passion for sound and music.
After I have selected a design, I will give it to a tattoo artist to finalize it and make it suitable for tattooing, if needed.
A few important notes:
- I want the tattoo to be just black and white (skin) without any colors.
- I 'm not looking for something common like a simple bass clef symbol.
However, a common symbol can work, if combined with other elements.
- A waveform or sine wave could work, although its not a necessity and might have to be combined with other elements.
- I would like it to cover most of the inner wrist, so I prefer denser areas to just thin lines.
- Although I like a symbol like the sine wave, I don't want the design to be 'techy' or geeky. I 'm more into more organic styles and/or classic styles such as tribal- inspired, goth style, hipster/ electro/ retro style.
- I 'm looking for something unique and extraordinary that stands out.
So don't think directly about sound and music- it could contain other elements. Think out of the box, even if that means going a bit outside the above guidelines.
IMPORTANT- New part added:
1) I think musical symbols are not working as well as 'sound' symbols. I suggest that designers work more with sound symbols, such as a waveform/ sound wave. However, I 'm also open to combining those with other abstract symbols.
2) I also wanted to show you something cool I found on the internet:
Its not directly linked to sound, but I like it a lot.
Here 's an idea:
A design that includes and/or combines the four types of sound waves:
sine, square, triangle and sawtooth.
(Every type of sound is made by a combination of those four.)