IMPORTANT: There are new instructions added below.
I 'm looking for an original tattoo design for my inner wrist.
The theme of the tattoo is music and/ or sound.
I am in the music and sound industry, and own a pretty successful business related to sound effects and music for picture, video games etc. I want to symbolize music or sound to remind me of my dedication and passion for sound and music.
After I have selected a design, I will give it to a tattoo artist to finalize it and make it suitable for tattooing, if needed.
A few important notes:
- I want the tattoo to be just black and white (skin) without any colors.
- I 'm not looking for something common like a simple bass clef symbol.
However, a common symbol can work, if combined with other elements.
- A waveform or sine wave could work, although its not a necessity and might have to be combined with other elements.
- I would like it to cover most of the inner wrist, so I prefer denser areas to just thin lines.
- Although I like a symbol like the sine wave, I don't want the design to be 'techy' or geeky. I 'm more into more organic styles and/or classic styles such as tribal- inspired, goth style, hipster/ electro/ retro style.
- I 'm looking for something unique and extraordinary that stands out.
So don't think directly about sound and music- it could contain other elements. Think out of the box, even if that means going a bit outside the above guidelines.
IMPORTANT- New part added:
1) I think musical symbols are not working as well as 'sound' symbols. I suggest that designers work more with sound symbols, such as a waveform/ sound wave. However, I 'm also open to combining those with other abstract symbols.
2) I also wanted to show you something cool I found on the internet:
Its not directly linked to sound, but I like it a lot.
Here 's an idea:
A design that includes and/or combines the four types of sound waves:
sine, square, triangle and sawtooth.
(Every type of sound is made by a combination of those four.)