Berserk Elves by hagerapps (hagerapps.com)
Hager Apps was founded by Jonathan Hager in 2008 when the iPhone SDK was released . The iPhone was and is the perfect mobile platform for quick games or task. Jonathan leveraged his expertise as a software engineer and began creating Apps...while 1 app so far.
The target audience has a few minutes to play the latest game that everyone else has been playing as a quick diversion. They think the game is quick to play and fun to show others.
This is design for an iPhone game using a simple "whack-a-mole" game framework I developed earlier this year. See http://www.hagerapps.com/?p=66 for information on the framework.
The game will be themed as a Christmas game. The story for Berserk Elves is as follows: "The ozone hole and recent solar activity have caused the elves to go berserk. Instead of getting ready for Christmas they are running around playing with the toys. Hit them with snowballs to knock some sense into them. Can you save Christmas in time?"
The game feel should be fun and funny. Just a little over the top. Think elf bowling or other crazy viral games you have played in the past.
This is for an iPhone, iPhone4 and iPad game. The sizes below are for the original iPhone version, 2x = iPhone 4
* Icons. Use http://mrgan.tumblr.com/post/708404…icon-sizes
* Splash Screen - (320 x 480, 640 x 960, 768 x 1024)
* Background for Level 1 - (320 high x 2048 wide) only 480 visible at once.
* animated elf - Moves right, left, stand-still, hit.
* 4 tokens of presents (20 in all: teddy bear, robot, train, ball, etc.). These float up to be claimed as achievements.
Then you will be invited to add:
* Menu & Buttons - Must include space for ad (32 x 480 pixels). (disabled, enabled, pressed states for buttons). Buttons: New Game; Resume Game; High Scores; Achievements; & Options. These will be translated. Remember to allow for other languages.
* Background for Level 2
* Crosshairs (56 x 56), Pause Button (?), and Health Bar (323 x 22)
* animated snow ball (heading toward crosshairs as an arc, then hits elves)
* Option screen: on/off sound effects toggle; on/off background music toggle; easy/medium/hard difficult toggle; and button to remove ads
Finalist will be asked to complete the rest. That is
* Background for Level 3
* 16 more tokens
* animated reindeer, abdominal snowman or polar bear
* Joystick control - Body (150x150), knob (50x50), knob-when touched
* (optional) elves that are difficult (2 snowballs)