- an open-source desktop operating system
- a GNU/Linux distribution based on Debian/Ubuntu
For more information about us: http://www.netrunner-os.com
We're looking for a desktop background to use as default in our upcoming Netrunner 2 release.
Generally, all Netrunner releases are going to be based around a blue-ish theme.
The codename for Netrunner 2 will be "Blacklight", so we'd like to see something that fits this.
An adapted wallpaper from Fedora that can be seen in various screenshots and we think is a good fit can be seen here:
The wallpaper should be usable as a background, so it does not interfere too much with any icons on the desktop.
Since we already make use of the logo, the logo is not required to be part of the wallpaper, and if used, it should appear subtely or "well integrated".
- All components of the background need to be made by yourself or used with the permission of the original author.
- The background needs to look nice on both 4/3 and 16/9 resolutions, if that cannot be achieved, then two separate versions need to be provided.
- The background needs to have a high resolution (1920x1200 is the current standard)
- Please comment your submissions and add a link to your wallpaper in full resolution.
We need to try your creation to know if it fits, it's extremely hard for us to tell from looking at a picture.
Your creation is protected by copyright and we will not use it without your consent.
Note that we'll require access to individual layers and/or vectorial components of your wallpapers if we decide to buy it or to make it win the contest, but until that happens you can link to a simple picture with all layers merged together.
The name of the winning artist will be mentioned in our release notes.
We will include alternative desktop backgrounds installed by default and we're constantly looking for quality backgrounds.
If we like your design, whether you win the contest or not, we're likely to buy it from you.
The winning prize is $100, for other backgrounds we'll deal with the artists individually.
Good luck to all of you and please do not hesitate to ask questions. We'll give you as much feedback as possible.