We would like to have new street lightpole banners designed for the island’s “downtown” area.
We need two banner design variations:
1. Business Promotion Banner. This banner needs to specifically promote support of our downtown businesses with the words:
Shop Daniel Island
2. Generic Banner. This banner should be a “generic” version that can be interspersed or alternated with the “business promotion” banner and complement it from a design standpoint. It doesn’t need to have any words on it, just a graphic aspect of the logomark.
The banner design should include the logomark for the community or at least some graphic portion of the logo to serve as a brand recall.
The specific size and mechanical requirements for the banner are provided in the attachments.
The design can be two or three colors.
Helpful background information:
Please open and look at the file attachments in association with these comments:
1. Design template. PDF of the size and design specs for the banner.
2. Old generic banner design. These banners were designed with a color we often use for print, but PMS 450 and 451 don't work so well outside as they blend too much with the color of the trees. If used, there at least needs to be a second color that "pops" the design.
3. Patriotic banner design. We use these during the summer months. We think having the two complementary designs works well together and we alternate them on every other lightpole.
4. Pictures of the lightpole banners – give you idea of what the island looks like and the context and setting for the banners.
5. Logo - not necessary to use the part of the logo with the words "Daniel Island" in the design. Okay just to use logo mark.
6. Example of graphic interpretation of logo as used on digital advertisement.