@moonching28 was fantastic to work with and we absolutely love the logo and business card designs - very helpful and quick to respond to requests and queries. This was my first time using 99designs so thanks @moonching28 for being patient and understanding.
How Cheat or Beat started their other graphic design journey
I need two complimentary yet contrasting character designs created for a new Sports Cheating Blog. The 1st illustration is a cheating/evil athlete, and the 2nd is a clean/good athlete. I would like a clean, modern cartoon / caricature style to the characters. Please include the full body of the characters. File should be a vector format, preferably Illustrator. I will check in regularly and provide feedback to all. Thank you for all of your hard work
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
My Sports Cheating Blog has been created to discuss all forms of cheating in sports. In order to present both sides of any athlete's story, I have decided to create two characters who will debate on my site. These two characters will be the authors, and I plan on using images of these characters throughout the site, and eventually on T-Shirt designs as well. This could mean additional work in the future for the winning designer, as I look to implement these characters in different ways. Unfortunatly the site is a private endeavor without a huge budget at the moment. I am just a person, not a company, but I do understand the value of good work. I hope to be able to utilize the same artist for future work on this site, and other sites that I have in mind, assuming I can turn this idea into a profit.
- Want illustrations in a comic/cartoon/caricature style of the two characters described below.
- See the About Page for the description of the Characters (quoted below)
- See the article on Dara Torres for an example of how these characters will be used.
- Illustrations of Characters should be the full body, however I may use just the head in some areas of the site.
- Feel free to render the characters in whichever sport you wish, in order to best represent the description, utilizing poses or equipment to help illustrate the idea. In the future I may contact the winner to create alternate images of the same characters in different poses or competing in different sports.
- Chester Cheater represents all that is wrong in sports. He is willingto do anything it takes to perform, utilizing any trick in the book;performance enhancing drugs, illegal equipment, and poor sportsmanship.He eludes testing, and avoids talking to the media. He cares only abouthimself and his own personal performance, at the expense of his teamand his fans. Ultimately he cares more about his contract and hisendorsements than he does about winning and competing honorably. He isa dirty player, and thus thinks everyone around him is the same.Chester Cheater believes in the worst in people, and figures he may aswell cheat, since everyone he competes against does as well.
- Billy Beater is the All-American sports hero. He believes indetermination, working hard, and competing fairly. He not onlysucceeds, but also raises the level of all who compete with him. He hasplayed his entire career for the same team, and gives back to thecommunity. He is single minded in his efforts to win, and puts the teamabove his own personal ambitions. He is the fan favorite, who succeedsthe old-fashioned way, he earns it. Billy Beater believes in the bestin humanity, expecting those around him to follow his example andcompete cleanly.
- See the site for the current color scheme. I think the two characters could be primarily black / white / grayscale with maybe some orange accents. I have decided to amend this to include the flesh tone color as well.
- Background of site is : #22292f
- I do not want an overly realistic style. I would like the images to be light and humerous. So more like Clerks the Cartoon than Spawn.