Design must be suitable for a half-page horizontal and full page magazine ad. Must be 300 dpi resolution, preferably in Illustrator .ai format but can also be Adobe .psd, CMYK. I have attached a file with the ad specs as well, please see the file for specs for "1/2 Page Horiz" and "Full Page".
1. Visit our website at http://www.improvedracing.com to get an idea for our colors and design philosophy: we like very clean, simple and functional designs. We strive to convey quality, as we manufacture high end products. Please focus on the colors we use in our logo and on our website, but you can of course add additional colors as needed.
2. We would like the artwork to be in Adobe Illustrator format. I think this goes without saying, but please make sure the designs and very organized and easy to modify, as these will be used as templates that we will tweak for various different purposes/products/target markets. We will need the text to be non-expanded and fonts to be supplied so we can modify the text as needed.
3. I have attached a half-page advertisement (0.5_Page_Australia_2.jpg) I made in a rush for a magazine last year that gives you an idea for the type of content of the ad. I wasn't happy with this ad and felt it was too simple and boring, lacking design elements. Some ads will be published in the USA and some will be published in Australia, so the contact information etc will need to vary slightly for the appropriate target market, but these are things we can tweak ourselves later.
4. The half-page ad only needs to highlight only one or two products as needed for the amount of space provided. You don't need to highlight 3 products like the sample ad I mentioned above. The full-page ad should have space to highlight more products.
5. I have also attached a double page spread ad (SM0713_DPS_VCM.1.JPG) published by our Australian distributor. This is the kind of quality and content I'm looking for, but as you can see from our website design our style isn't quite as "flashy" and "edgy", so keep that in mind when designing for us.
6. Please also see attached the logo for our Australian distributor (VCM Performance BLACK LETTERING no gradient.psd), which will be included in our Australian print ads with something like "Australian distribution by" above it. We would like versions of the ad without the Australian distributor logo for the US market.
7. Also see attached a vector art graphic of our logo (IR_Logo_Gradient_Small_Text.ai).
8. I have attached a zip file containing high resolution photos (IR_Product_Photos.zip) of several of our products that we will be highlighting in various ads. As mentioned, just use what will fit in the ad, and we will swap out photos and descriptions to highlight different products for different magazine issues. For information on each product, see the sample ad I provided and visit our website at http://www.improvedracing.com. The text should basically consist of the product's title and some bullet points with features and applications.
9. You can also place the text "Performance Oiling Products" or "Oiling System Products" as a heading somewhere on the ad so readers know what we specialize in. We also sometimes use the tag line "Watch the race line, not your gauges" because our products help control oil temperatures and reduce oil starvation, so we're implying that racers can focus on racing rather than worrying about watching their oil pressure or temp gauge.
10. For the US version of the ad, we'd like a spot for a message that says "Save 5% - Use discount code: CODE" where CODE will vary by magazine. Also, our website address and phone number should be prominent in the ad.