FutrMakr is short for “Future Maker”. A good plan gives you control over your own future.
Many factors influence our future, some of which can be controlled and other that cannot. The process of planning improves our knowledge about these influences so that more of them can be controlled. Better knowledge and preparation for the future bring about higher chances of success.
FutrMakr provides two types of planning services. We offer financial planning for individuals and families. For entrepreneurs, we offer new venture consulting to launch good ideas into profitable businesses.
Based in New York, FutrMakr takes the best from both worlds –we harness the experience and knowledge of Wall Street and incorporate the responsiveness and passion of Brooklyn’s entrepreneurs. Individuals, families, and entrepreneurs all need a plan in order to achieve their goal – and FutrMakr provides the framework and advice to get you there.
Consider the effort that our society puts into trying to predict the future. Thousands of people work every day, all over the world, planning, forecasting and estimating everything from stock prices, to inventory levels to traffic patterns. There is a reason that so much time is spent in planning: it gives us a better idea of the actions to take in order to achieve a goal.
Financial planning is a very specific roadmap for an individual or family to follow in order to achieve their financial goals. As life events, such as marriage, children, college or retirement come along, you can rely on this financial plan to guide your investment decisions through the up and down of the market. It is updated as often as needed – at least annually – to ensure it is realistic, actionable and adapted to the everyday changes that life brings. Ultimately, a financial planner’s role is to help reduce economic uncertainty and to maximize your standard of living over the longterm. You set your goals and together, we develop the plan to get you there.
A thorough financial plan will include:
- A definition of the professional relationship: advisory or discretionary, and whether a fiduciary obligation exists.
- An outline of responsibilities for both you and the advisor.
- An evaluation of your level of financial knowledge and tolerance for risk.
- A gathering of information about you and your family, and your current financial situation. We will also discuss your goals and timing of life events (marriage, children, college, retirement)
- Review of current investments, including insurance.
- An investment plan, drafted by the advisor, to be reviewed with you and modified as necessary. If will detail the types of assets (ex. stocks) and the particular securities (ex. IBM, Ford) to be included in the investment portfolio.
- Assistance, if needed, to implement the financial plan once agreed upon.
- Monitoring of the investment portfolio and reporting its results.
- Periodic revision of the financial plan to adjust for changes in risk tolerance, a life event, the passage of time, portfolio drift, or market conditions. This occurs at least annually.
You and your financial planner will have an ongoing dialogue with regard to your finances. A financial plan needs to be maintained over time to remain relevant to your needs and responsive to the conditions of the market. In addition to the points outlined above, you can discuss any ideas or concerns with your planner at any time.
SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTING
There are a lot of great business ideas out there. But having a great idea and having the ability to run a profitable business are two different things. We can work with you to develop a business plan so you know exactly what to do and when to do it as your business grows. This is especially important for new ventures that are looking to raise capital – sound financial projections and a business plan that explores all aspects of the operation is a must-have for investors.
A basic business plan includes:
- Income statement, balance sheet, and cashflow statement, and various conservative and liberal scenarios for each
- A complete marketing plan, covering market segmentation, targeting, positioning, channel strategy, pricing, and promotion
- Analysis of competition and supply chain
- Review of social macroeconomic, government, and technology trends that impact your business.
- Human resource strategy - to ensure the skills you need to grow are in-place
- Review of your competitive advantage, and strategies to prevent your idea from being copied.
This list is only a sample of what a complete business plan includes. Your particular idea or business may need more or less detail that the list above covers. We work with you to determine exactly what you need to move forward with your business quickly and inexpensively.
WHO WE ARE
Based in Brooklyn, New York, FutrMakr was launched in 2014 as a small financial planning business. We heard the same concerns form nearly all of our clients. They were unhappy with their current advisors or were concerned by conflicts of interest. They felt that financial advice was centered on products the advisor was compensated to sell, not what was best for the client. The relationship was too transactional and infrequent, rather than an ongoing, personal concern.
Our founding advisor, Drew Miller, has worked in finance for ten years. First in Toronto, Canada and now on Wall Street, he works on the fixed income trading desk, focusing on Latin American investment products. Drew holds a Masters of Business Administration from New York University and is a CFA charterholder
It’s FutrMakr’s goal to bring the best parts of Wall Street to you – experience, knowledge, and planning – while avoiding the dishonest practices that banks have engaged in during the financial crisis. Your new venture or small business will benefit from these same services, and also from our network of industry experts that can point you in the right direction.
FutrMakr For more information about our financial planning and small business
169 Prospect Avenue advisory services, please call to discuss how FutrMakr can work for you.
Brooklyn, NY, 11215
FutrMakr’s advisors and financial planners are registered investment advisors in New York and hold the chartered financial analyst (CFA)
T: (917) 886-6291
F: (917) 886-6292