Good work, thanks for your creativity on this project!
How bkw11 started their logo design journey
Energize Northern Westchester
Energize Northern Westchester County is a program to help homeowners reduce energy waste and increase home energy efficiency. The program encourages community members to conduct home energy assessments and follow through on energy upgrade recommendations (retrofits) to achieve substantial individual and collective energy reductions and lower the CO2 emissions from their homes. The homeowners save money and help the environment.
The program will be piloted in Bedford, NY, under the name Energize Bedford. After a successful pilot, the program will be rolled out to 13 other cities and towns across Northern Westchester County under the auspices of the Northern Westchester Energy Action Coalition (NWEAC). Each participating community will have its own customized program name (i.e Energize MY TOWN), so the logo will have to be adaptable to accommodate a wide range of town names.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Homeowners in 14 towns in Northern Westchester County in New York, generally 35-54 years old.
In general, these homeowners are motivated to action by three main ideas:
1. Saving money on utility bills
2. Creating a more comfortable home
3. Being part of a community effort
The logo that wins this contest will:
1. Convey “smart, professional and helpful”;
2. Relate to home and/or community;
3. Have a clean, modern look;
4. Not be overly reliant on embedded text (see item 6);
5. Be just as applicable to print collateral materials as it is to social media and web applications;
6. Say "Energize Northern Westchester" BUT will be easily adaptable to multiple iterations in multiple communities. We should be able to quickly and easily edit text on/beside the logo to go from "Energize Northern Westchester" to "Energize Bedford" or "Energize Newcastle," for example. This will unite all individual town campaigns under one program look and feel.
We would like to see how the logo looks with both "Energize Northern Westchester" and "Energize Bedford."