5. My current logo is at http://www.rjfis.com/logo. There is tons of material there that help describe my company, including blogs. Please read it.
6. I do lots of public speaking. The image needs to look great on a big screen and on a business card and in a thumbnail.
7. I will use the image on my website and in videos. There must be a transparent background.
8. I need every imaginable format. .tiff, .gif, .png, .jpg, etc. I use applications that will only take my logo in a particular format.
9. I need the logo in tiny, extra-small, small, medium, large, extra-large and biggie sizes.
10. Did I mention thoughtful and original? No magnifying glasses, microscopes, investigator hats, computer images, hard drive images, foot prints, cameras or images with cheating spouses. My logo doesn't have to include my name. If your image doesn't include my name, give me some ideas about how you would put the two together.
11. I included a dove in my last logo because it conveys hope, compassion and the holy spirit. Whatever you do, explain the meaning.
12. Texas state doesn't like my current logo. I was going for a logo with meaning...the dove, the ostrich feathers, the Texas colors, etc. This time around, I want my logo to be meaningful but simpler. My logo should not be geographically oriented. My business is likely to go national and possibly international.