Productive Technology. http://pm6.com Tagline: Helping you make your business more productive
First - I’m committed to being very involved in this contest, and giving lots of feedback to help you help me.
I have an Independent Technology Consulting company serving the Charlotte, NC, USA region. Services include onsite consulting and offsite solution development.
Philosophy: Experience and best practices result in a productive use of client resources. Our deliverables help our clients to make their business more productive.
Differentiator: A rare combination of business acumen, communication, and solution delivery, at a reasonable value.
Website: http://pm6.com - don’t laugh; I am going to get a new website as soon as the logo is done. You can see the old logo there - I made it myself, and it sucks, so don’t use as basis for new logo. The designer chosen for the logo would be the natural choice to do the website.
I target the small to mid-size business market. The Fortune 1000 companies usually prefer larger companies and do not talk to independent consultants as much as the smaller companies do.
Primary audiences are IT Managers (larger businesses) and company owners (smaller businesses.) Developers and other non-buyers can recommend me, and may someday hire me, so they are a secondary target audience.
Many IT folks are business casual on the outside, but creative and whimsical on the inside. An excellent logo will have a similar construction.
The target audience will expect an image of credibility, and skill. They will also value creativity in a brand image, as developers and IT people are usually open to new ideas and concepts.
• Logo delivery must be in vector format.
• Iconic - feature an icon people will associate with the company. Logo should contain the word “Productive” but the icon should be prominent.
• Colors: I'm open, so try what you like. To me, light green seems attractive; blues should trend to the lighter side. Gradients are nice. Must look good on website with dark background, and on white business card.
• Emphasize the word Productive, not Technology. You can use just the word Productive in your design, or both words, but make Productive stand out if you use both.
• Logo image must convey skill, trust, integrity, commitment, and professionalism. I don’t like cliché symbols of productivity, like bees. I like an abstract image, as long as it conveys the proper message.
• Logo should be clean, modern, and meaningful to the target audience.
• Tagline is long, so design need not include it, but you can try if you want.
See the following for examples of designs I like: