MomPicks will be a Web 2.0 social shopping community for Moms.
Moms recommending products to other Moms.
The logo should appeal to moms of newborns to older kids. Do not use baby items like pacifiers or colors that are soley "babyish" in nature. We are trying to appeal to a larger audience.
We're really like to see you guys get away from the baby blues and pinks. Gain inspiration from the color direction given (link above). A good balance of colors is important, marry darker colors with lighter ones to give it some depth. Don't be restricted to using only 2-3 colors, tones will add depth. We'd like have a some little accent that could stand out as branding and could be replicated throughout the site. Some have used hearts/stars, I encourage people to be creative.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
- We're looking for blues/yellows/pinks (or any combination)
- Use any palette tagged 'nursery' from colourlovers.com
SITE DESIGN COLORS
- The MomPicks logo should incorporate a big font with rounded corners (no hard edges). A good example is Arial Rounded (don't use this font). The babiesrus.com logo typography is a good example of what we are looking for.
- We're looking for a logo with a landscape aspect ratio. 4:3 or 16:9. Please no square ratio's (1:1).
- Logo in vector format (AI,EPS)
- Any fonts used
- Any logo that uses a Arial Rounded or Comic Sans font
- Nothing that is a blatant ripoff of the listed "Inspired" sites
- Delivery of improper formats (vector necessary, or extremely large psd)
- Deviation from the color guidelines