Fall Creek Research
We're building statistical analysis software for the mortgage bond industry. Our product helps users estimate the rate at which borrowers refinance their mortgages. This is the key to valuing a mortgage bond. The market for mortgage-backed securities is still one of the biggest in the world, and our product is designed for very large financial institutions. Unfortunately, existing software is slow, outdated and cumbersome. We're trying to build a modern and innovative tool for a stuffy and slow-moving industry.
We're targeting institutional investors and traders: the big investment banks and broker-dealers, money managers, and hedge funds. This is a professional crowd: they're looking for something clean and sharp, not flashy or cute.
- Must have the full text "Fall Creek Research". The full company name, "Fall Creek Research Inc.", is also acceptable.
- Would like something that reflects the goals of our software: precision, accuracy, clarity, a quantitative perspective. Interpret this as you'd like.
- We're trying to avoid many of the recent tech startup logo trends. Not interested in really bright colors, gradients, reflections, etc. But if you have a good idea that makes use of these, we won't rule it out.
- Simple is better. We'd consider a logo consisting of just the company name in an appropriate font and color, if done well. Any ornamentation should be kept small.
- Symbols or geometric designs are OK, but we'd prefer not to have pictures. For example, our company is named Fall Creek Research, but we don't want a little drawing of a creek flowing within our logo. And even though our product is mortgage and housing-related, we'd prefer not to have a picture of a house.
Thanks in advance for looking at this. Please let me know if you would like any clarification or additional information.
EDIT: Would prefer a space between the words "fall" and "creek." I think it's a little cumbersome as one word.