design a logo for tomorrow's next big web startup currently garnishing 350k+ users monthly and rising quickly
neeBiT is a photo, video, sound, flash and document sharing network that lets you easily upload, download and share your media for free
we saw over 350,000 unique users in Dec 08 and are on track to beat that in January. peak days top 60,000+ users in a 24 hour period. we're rising by the day and currently in works to acquire funding to see some big national promotion. your logo will be fixed to the top-left of every single page seen by all those users for years to come and could even end up on a commercial or two, so keep a look out.
we want a logo/icon that will lead to instant recognition by people as time progresses, like youtube, microsoft, apple, etc. some sort of icon that will be un-mistakable and easy to remember. this also needs to work inside a header image to display on the top of neebit and letterheads and the like. i like the current font/look of the word "neeBiT" in our current header, so stick w/that sort of theme.
i guess we're looking for kind of cute but classy. we're a new age company like most tech co's, but need to present a serious persona as well. you're the creative types, i leave the middle ground figuring out to you.
obviously the winner chosen signs away all legal rights for the graphics and image/logo/design to neeBiT
- neeBiT logo to sit at the top-left of all pages
- copy of logo cut down to a single icon, for favico purposes and letterheads and the like
- cute, 2.0, classy, easy visual recognition even at smaller sizes
- larger version for purposes of powerpoint slide shows would be good too
- needs to work with a dark or light background (can be 2 versions), like the header of neeBiT (dark) and the top of a letterhead (white)
- some of us think a cartoonish mascot wouldn't be a bad idea, some sort of cute little character (someone suggested a ball sized, fluffy/furry, bright colored character, little bit like the M&M's from those commercials) as the site's main image/icon, but this isn't required
- try sticking to the color scheme you see on neeBiT
- neeBiT written like that, w/the B and T capitalized and the rest not
- anything too complicated, should be simple
- if you make a mascot, should be a cartoony look, nothing 3D or too realistic