We are getting ready to start a brand new church. The church will be called "Freedom Tabernacle." It is a Christian church.
There's not really an "audience" per se. We just want a nice logo that is unique and simple, yet striking.
Our colors (of course) will be red, white, and blue. We are open to pretty much any patriotic design or style. Icons or images are not necessary, however if used, an eagle or star would probably be best suited (not really interested in the statue of liberty, or the liberty bell, or anything like that). An American flag would probably be very nice if attached or included somehow in the logo. The church motto will be, "The Truth Shall Make You Free."
We would like the design to be simple and clean, yet "striking and unique." We are quite open to all types of design ideas so long as they stay within the patriotic American design motif. Send us your ideas and we will be sure to comment and respond. Thanks for your participation.
UPDATE TO DESIGN IDEAS - thanks for all the submissions so far. They have helped us to know a little bit more about what we want. That being said, here are some updates to the design concept:
1. We would prefer not to use the symbol of the cross.
2. We definitely want a graphic or icon of some sort.
3. Symbols that could be used are: an open Bible, an eagle's head, a complete eagle, a shining light or sun, stars (7 stars would be great but not necessary).
4. We need a font that is strong/intense and serious. Trajan is a great example of this, but we don't necessarily want Trajan because it is such an overused font. However, Trajan conveys the feeling of seriousness and elegance at the same time. That's the feeling we want conveyed with the font. Additionally, font combinations could be used for the words "Freedom" and "Tabernacle."
5. If it's possible and a letter within the text can be converted to a custom graphic or icon, we'd like to see that as well. Thanks!