Please read all these design brief notes.
FOR THE WATCHERS: Please enter early enough for me to consider your concept and share with my client with the polling process. Last minute entries from new players probably won't make the cut. If you want in, please give me 48 to 72 hours to work with you. I will guarantee the prize as soon as I have 3 good concepts.
* I love working with designers and expect you to read the brief. If your concept is off brief, I will eliminate.
* I appreciate ALL the entries I receive.
* I will give you good direction and will review your portfolios as part of my process.
* I'm running this contest blind so your creative ideas are protected
* I respect your work and you personally as a designer. I assume you are a professional used to having your work reviewed, edited and yes...rejected.
* PLEASE KNOW that if you are eliminated, it is not personal - design is subjective. I don't always offer feedback upon elimination - sometimes I just don't care for it. Please don't be offended.
* Sometimes I give feedback to a designer - but I don't comment on every design.
** Here are my preferences for this project: **
NO drop shadows/reflections - those can be added later.
Would like to see the 1 color version (black and white) as well as color.
For BEST FEEDBACK please submit ideas on WHITE background. WHITE background will receive top priority for feedback. Other backgrounds may be eliminated for OFF BRIEF. I will not share with my client if it's not on a white background.
Please do not send samples of what the logo will look like on shirts, business cards, etc. They clog up my review process and I will eliminate them.
Good typography is important. Spend a little extra time on it and the balance/alignment of all elements.
Nothing that looks Asian or Eastern - has to look American. Sorry, I will have to eliminate.
No "swoops" like the Nike swoosh. I'm just so done with that look.
The organization offering the ministry program is called Crossroads. They are in Oklahoma where the land is flat. You can see their logo at: http://www.crossroadsclinicok.com. We are open to a variation of their existing logo, or offer something completely new. Completely open to ideas EXCEPT FOR....
I do NOT care for the following concepts - offer them at your own risk. :-) Maybe you will wow me.
Overtly Christian-looking crosses (like Jesus crucified)
Hands holding hearts
Abstract, swooshie people looking like arms up for freedom - like a Nike swoosh person.
And, of course, nothing with babies, pregnant shapes or anything depressing. We want our audience to be filled with hope.
Good luck and .... GO! And be sure to ask me any questions you want.