What I am looking for in a logo:
• Be scalable - look good while as large as a billboard or as small as a dime.
• Look good in color as well as black and white.
• Can be applied to a media spectrum as broad as paper to plastic and t-shirts to websites.
• Warm colors (i.e. browns, dark grays, warm blues, warm greens, deep oranges, dark reds, etc.)
• Warm feel – the design should NOT feel industrial, ultra contemporary, businesslike, or formal.
• Multi-generational – We are a multi-generational church, so it should appeal to both young and old
• Communicate who we are – a multi-generational church, family church, outreach/missions minded church
• It should not look like a cartoon logo.
I think we tend to like things that are simple and not gaudy. We also tend to like some type of image to the left or incorporated in the logo that would convey who we are. And I think we like more casual fonts rather than formal fonts.
What we would like to convey is a missions minded church. It mind be good if the emblem was a world or something else that would help relate that focus. I like that about the world emblem on the "global speakout" logo; although I do not like the cartoon people incorporated in it. If it were a cross or MBC or something incorporated into the world image it would be better.
We would like something that would be recognizable to our church.