Great job in a hard competition. Very flexible and also good consulting skills during the process.
How OneP started their logo design journey
Logo for Architectural Engineering firm.
We are a marketing company working for the ultimate client here - an architectural engineering firm in Ireland called O'Connor, Sutton, Cronin. In the course of preparing marketing materials for OCSC (as they are known for short) - they would like to "refresh" their logo. OCSC are an engineering firm that help build projects on a large scale - like bridge, malls, conference centres, schools, universities - etc.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
The target audience will be:
Architects: who are quite design-conscious and like to see clean lines and attractive, functional, and sometimes clever design.
Procurement people: the people who read tenders and decide who they will give the job to. These people are looking for solidity, dependability, history, certification, trustedness...
potential staff: people who might work in OCSC, will be looking for a forward-looking, interesting place to work.
NB: WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A COMPLETELY NEW LOGO HERE.
Please download the current logo attached here, or at
- the central oval device. Or some version of it.
- the colour scheme (or something close)
- the name "O'Connor, Sutton, Cronin
What can change
- the layout. At the moment it's on a vertical ribbon-type device. This can change. In particular, is there a more horizontal layout that could work?
- the font. I've included the current font (Futura) in the download - but this can change
- the lion. he can be left in or out, can change colour, position etc.
- the tagline "Multidisciplinary Consulting Engineers". Can be in or out.
- the central oval device. The concept here was that the letters OCSC were represented in this oval logo. YOU CAN UPDATE THIS - but keep the OCSC concept.
- the colour scheme. Leave the navy colour as it is - but you can suggest variations on the light blue and the red if you think something else would work. But not completely different colours - just variations on what is there.
TIMING: we need design ideas in for an initial meeting on Monday 30th November - so if you can have your designs submitted by Sunday 29th Evening (GMT - Dublin, Ireland time) - but please submit initial ideas asap so that we can give feedback.