We're about to launch a Surinam community portal, named "sranan.com" and because "Sranan" means "Surinam" in sranantongo (the lingua franca spoken by all people from Surinam) you'll agree "sranan.com" is the perfect url for hosting a surinam portal. Please note, that the T-shirt webshop which is currently hosted on http://www.sranan.com will be moved as soon as the portalwebsite is ready for launch.
As you probably know Surinam is a country in South-America that used to be a Dutch colony. As a result there is a large Surinam community living in The Netherlands and with sranan.com we're targetting all Surinam people living in Surinam as well as the Netherlands. Like in the country of Surinam the official language of our community portal will be Dutch, but we also want to promote the use of sranantongo which is the "lingua franca" spoken by all Surinam people. We're targetting all age-groups and all ethnic groups. Please note, that Surinam probably is the most multi-ethnic country in the world and our community portal aims to reflect that.
• We're looking for a "cool" and "colorful" logo (something "creole" maybe)
• Logo must include the URL: sranan.com
• There are no requirements regarding the use of upper/lower-case letters
• No tagline under sranan.com, but apart from the Sranan.com logo, we’re also looking for a nice way to use “sranan.com” as a tagline itself. Please have a look at the t-shirts on http://www.sranan.com to see what we mean.
• Text-only or not?: We’re interested in both types of logo’s, but we would very much appreciate attempts of doing something really nice with the national flag of Surinam (see for example http://www.pozerscene.nl/fashion/ov…/heer_veen
• Although we also want to use the logo for business cards and website-ids, it must especially look great on (white) T-shirts.
• We don’t have a real preference for white T-shirts, but because we plan to use the Flex Print service of ShirtCity.com which allows the use of only 3 colors, white t-shirts are the only option for designs that are inspired by the Surinam nation flag (which consists of 4 colors if you include white)
• Winning designs are to be delivered in vector formats (.eps and/or .ai) as well as jpg.
• After payment alle intellectual rights of the winning design are to be transferred.
• Designs that are not eliminated can be re-entered in the future T-shirt design contests.