The logo should have reinforce the the financial theme of the business. So if you do want a visual device to go with the logo, think financial elements, like stock charts, bulls, bears etc. No horses or stars please! But don't use clip art (as mostly looks crappy!), and keep it very simple.
- The font should be clean.. no complicated fonts, nothing cartoonish. Think finance, banks, eyv.
- This is a broker, ie. you're betting with money, so needs to make you feel like you can trust this company with your money.
- I want a modern look, could be web 2.0ish, something clean, uncomplicated, a smart looking font.
- Need to be careful not to make the logo look cheap, because of the '2' in the middle.- It's not gambling, like poker and casino. So shouldn't look too glitzy, vegas-ish! But can be a bit!
- If you're going to use a visual device as part of the logo, then make sure its related some way to the financial theme.
- Don't go crazy with colours, or complicated imagery - think SIMPLE, SIMPLE, SIMPLE!