Logo - Icon(image) and Text.
must represent a dinosaur - this can be an abstract, outline or other type of sketched image.
A couple ideas that spring to mind in no order are:
1. A simple robotic dinosaur representing the future electronic theme of paperless (perhaps including the dinosaur with a image of paper/document). Dinosaur could be holding the paper in mouth or hand.
2. Friendly sketch of cartoon dinosaur like creature. Dinosaur could be holding the paper in mouth or hand.
3. A colleague suggested a simplified dino bot image. - there quite detailed so it would have to be very basic.
These are just two ideas and we definitely would welcome other ideas. We are not strict on the logo, except the fact that it must resemble some sought of dinosaur like creature.
The company brand name "KRECS"
A possibility is to have the text "software" under or next to KRECS text - as in "KRECS" Software.
The name is pronounced "kay rex" as in "Tee Rex", so if the text could highlight this by maybe by differentiating the K from the RECS, through color, spacing, size or dash/dot.
e.g K.RES or K-RECS
Colors - easy to change so be creative.
Feed back from current designs:
1. Some of the designs are too detailed - should try to keep the dinosaur simple.
2. Dinosaur should not overwhelm the logo, having it by the side of the KRECS text is good as it doesn't domintate the logo that way.
3. Dinosaur should be placed by the side with head facing the "KRECS" so it reads left to right. Having the dinosaur head face to opposite direction of the text impacts the flow of the document. All dinosaurs must face towards the K or front on.
3. Try to make the logo print friendly - an outline version is good here. blacks/grays fonts on white background work, though some color is definately need.
4. Suggest removing the "knowledge records content solutions" as it will print too small (personally I would like to see this replaced with software, try this if you can).
If you have questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org