My project involves the crafting of my home page header, brand and logo. I believe all 3 items maybe all rolled into one. I am open to other viewpoints on this.
Note To Designers: I would appreciate feedback if your are interested in submitting but are reluctant because the prize offer is too low for what I am asking or my instructions are vague, complicated, incongruent or some other reason.
The header/brand/logo I seek to have designed will be used on a news blog with a focus on cultural matters from the perspective of cultural anthropology. What creates and develops cultures. How they change over time. How cultures influence, limit or expand who and what we become and experience. More importantly is what our collective and individual responsibilities may be as carriers of culture.
Think of Indiana Jones. Though that instead of exploring artifacts I explore cultures.
- Item 1...Please go to http://gallery.me.com/rohaan/100049
- There you wil find a gallery of images that I have collected to give an idea of what I want.
- The first image in the gallery is of an existing website header after which I want my header modeled. You may go to http://www.wisergirls.org to see the entire webpage. I am only interested in the header of this website.
- One idea is to have the name Emergent Culture emerge up and out of the landscape with the rays of the sun shooting up from behind. This is one idea that I do want rendered. I will consider other approaches as well.
- The next images are of fonts I have selected. They are in order of preference. You will note a consistency in style and flavor. I am open to other fonts but they must be inline with the general overall image.
- Following the fonts are 3 sunrises. The first sunrise is my preferred background. That is the sun is below or just slightly above the horizon and centered. The sun in the sunrise 1 is rising over a cloudbank. However I want my sunrise to emerge over a landscape like shown on the sample header from wisergirls.org. Though the color of the landscape is too dark in the sample.
- The other 2 sunrises are shown becuase I like the colors of the sky. I would like other renditions to show these other two shades.
- Following the sunrises are 2 maps that I want used as they are used in the sample.
- The first map has the color and texture that I prefer.
- The second map has a compass that I would like integrated into the image complex if it can be done cleanly and elegantly. I like the way the compass has a very light but still regcognizable presence. I know too many elements can clutter a design.
- The colors I prefer are shown in the various samples. They can be described as rich browns, rich lights browns, rich golden colors and rich golden brown colors.
- Oh yes just under the name Emergent Culture is a my tagline "Activating your higher brain centers with news that matters"
- Item 1...I am not looking for other elemenst to emerge out of the landscape like trees rocks etc.