1. EVOLVE refers to the process of evolution, i.e. gradual change. We attach images of the evolution of man and the evolution of mobile phones for inspiration. We thought it would be really good if we could show evolution in the letters to EVOLVE, with the letters perhaps getting bigger or more complex or darker throughout the word or a combination of these effects or whatever you think would work.
2. We may continue to develop models for procurement and for management which would be called 'EVOLVE procurement' and 'EVOLVE management' respectively. So the emphasis is very much on the word 'EVOLVE' rather than 'contract'.
3. We would also like to incorporate the koru design as the pictorial/abstract mark. The koru (Māori for "bight" or "loop") is a spiral shape based on the shape of a new unfurling silver fern frond and symbolizes new life, growth, strength and peace. It is an integral symbol in Māori art, carving and tattoos. The circular shape of the koru helps to convey the idea of perpetual movement while the inner coil suggests a return to the point of origin. The predominant colour for the koru should be green (like the leaf of a fern).
4. We thought that perhaps the koru design could be double height and on the left and that the words could be on the right, with 'EVOLVE' on top and 'contract' below, but are open to suggestions.
5. We envisaged 'EVOLVE' being in capitals and 'contract' in lower case or with only the first letter in capitals, but are open to suggestions.