How Benton Weinstock started their logo design journey
We are two mothers who have developed an exciting travel toy for children that can track all their travels in both real time and online. One of us is a teacher therefore a lot of our content is educational. We are wanting to find a logo and "look" that does not look educational at all but fun, exciting, cool and modern. We have had great response from our pitch and now need someone to get the ball rolling with our logo and soon to be image and brand.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our target audience is boys and girls ages 7 to 12. They like to play games online. We tend to want the logo to attract the older side because the younger children aspire to be older. These kids are learning about the world. In 3rd grade, they learn about the names of the states and in 5th grade they learn specifics about each of the 50 states. Some of these kids travel frequently with their parents and others only can see the world online.
1. We want the logo to have a feeling of motion. The point of the site is that kids can travel by plane (that is why it is called jetz), train or car. Their experience is a voyage.
2. We want it to create a desire to travel.
3. It needs to be fun, cool, colorful and creative.
4. We want the logo to be child friendly but not kiddie like.
5. We like primary colors so it will attract both boys and girls.
6. We DO NOT like webkinz or club penguin logos. We like cleaner, simple looks. They tend to be more kiddie.
7. We want this to translate to both parents and children.