We are looking for a flagship illustration that is in the spirit of the "Life is Good" illustrations and message. For two ideas of the flavor of what we are looking for, please visit:
http://www.lifeisgood.com, click on men> long sleeved tees & tops, then look at the illustrations on the shirts in the first line particularly "snow problem" and "santa motorcycle". Also,
http://www.gunnisoncrestedbutte.com, click on "planning" and look at the hand drawn figures superimposed on the pictures that rotate.
We like the figures at the "gunnison" site and the spirit of the "life is good" stuff.
Here are our requirements:
1. Must be hand drawn or have a hand drawn look.
2. Must be clearly reproducable in a 2.5" x 2.5" area using silk screening and embroidery techniques.
3. May have fill colors in places drawn in a separate layer.
4. It must be inviting and fun with maybe a bit of whimsy.
5. I must be not too "cartoonish"and not too serious.
6. Must be unique.
This first illustration will be of a woman/lady (cowgirl) with a cowboy hat, a pony tail or pigtails, and on horseback. If any garb or saddle details are illustrated they must be western style as opposed to english style. Maybe jeans tucked into cowboy boots etc.
The illustrator we choose will most likely be hired to do 20-30 additional like kind illustrations (involving different outdoor activities) for up to $200 each. A second illustration(for viewing purposes only) in the same style of a guy on a mountain bike will be required for us to make a decision