** Additional note **
I am looking for a design that evokes in particular a sense of peaceful awakening and some cosmic truth.
That means that direct references to the night (moon, stars, beds or pillows), or sleep (like "ZZzzz...") are less likely to go through, although they may go through in some cases.
** END Additional note **
The dreamsfield is a website encouraging dream journaling and dream awareness in the general public. Users have the possibility to create their dream journal and, if they wish, share and discuss dreams with other users. We believe in the tremendous power for growth and discovery that dream work can provide.
A site prototype already exists here: http://www.thedreamsfield.net. It would be nice if the logo could fit in with the background, such as not to have to redo the whole styling.
The target audience is as large as possible - any person interested in recording their dreams, discussing their own or those of others.
The main idea that should be reflected in the logo is:
* The dreamsfield is a "peaceful" place: the dreamer can take his time, think about his or her dreams and write them down with peace of mind.
To give a feel about what we want to achieve with the website, I copy the principles driving the website content below.
* It is a non-commercial site. The users must trust that their data is kept private and not used by any third party.
* It has to be a tool to help and encourage the users to live with their dreams.
* The users have complete ownership of their data, their dream reports, and the degree of exposure on the internet. By default, nobody other than the dreamer can see his dreams. Dreamers can add or remove data anytime and at will.
* The site should help provide some meaningful feedback to the dreamer, yet remaining agnostic in terms of the particular approach to dream work or theory of dreams.
* The site should help groups of dreamers who would like to work together.
* The site must meet the quality and security standards of modern commercial sites.
* The code-base of the website should be open-source, so that it can be installed on other sites by whoever would like to do so.
* The ultimate goal is to help the general public be more aware of their unconscious world and that of others.