How Cutting Horse Link started their logo design journey
Cutting Horse Link
Cutting Horse Link is a new website from a father / daughter team. We are trying to revolutionise how Horse Websites are created online! No cute photos or flash design will be seen on our site. You can see it in more detail at http://cuttinghorselink.com
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Trainers, Riders, Horse owners and all who participate in the cutting horse sport. Please look at our website to get more details http://cuttinghorselink.com
The people reading this site are more traditional, used to ugly flash designs that are cluttered. We are trying to show a more professional site, but still be approachable.
Here is what we are looking for in the final design:
1) Logo Style – Grungy, dirty, not ‘gimmicky cowboy though’
2) Font Style - http://www.gatheringnetwork.org/ I really like this example and how the two words look a bit different. I would like the words ‘Cutting Horse’ to be more bold than the word ‘link’
3) Color – Green (3F823B) and Black are our primary colours. Grey is also ok. Please look at website to get a better idea http://cuttinghorselink.com
4) Icon – We would really like to play on the ‘link’ phrase with a link or chain. No photos, cartoons or horse shoes. A simple line drawing would be more effective. An idea could be horse reins made into a link.
Don't come back with 2 chain links - we could have done that ourselves!
5) Included words – Cutting Horse Link
5) Exclusions - Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
6) Logo Sizes – I need two sizes for the same Logo. They are:
428 x 93 px
1000 x 93 px
7) Types of Files – The files that we need are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Thank you so much for your design work