As the name implies, I'm in the business of buying and selling domain names. This logo is for a blog about domain investing and news. I debated choosing a traditional (i.e. "boring") title and something more fun, and ultimately settled on "Domain Sushi" because it's creative and memorable.
It's a quirky name, but we still need a high-quality, professional logo. It can be fun, but nothing too cartoonish.
The visitors to the website will be savvy web users between ages 18-45, who are involved in the world of internet marketing, SEO, and selling domains. Given the name I've chosen, a strong logo is essential. It will completely "make" the site, and help explain the name to visitors. Your logo is what will guarantee the site will be memorable.
We want a bold, colorful design that stands out from its background. Web. 2.0 is fine, but blended in such a way to still be beautiful, instead of just cartoonish.
A unique logo, which will eventually be put into a header with some simple navigation. No coding is necessary, and the final output should be PSD and vector format (EPS, etc.).
Preference will be given to designs that incorporate the "sushi" theme well (rolls, pieces of fish, etc.). No bamboo textures or anything else too Asian.
** For style ideas, please check out the sample logos that have been attached. **
I want to leave the interpretation up to the designers, but here are a few guidelines:
1. The logo will eventually fit in a header 960px by 177px high.
2. Background colors: White, Black, or Grey, or Turquoise. You can use gradients if you feel it fits the design.
3. The name "DomainSushi" MUST be in a solid, blocked sans-serif font, and stand out from the background. I've provided an example below from an existing website.
4. I want to incorporate 1 or more sushi-related elements into the title. It can either be in the background, foreground, or in the title itself. These should have a clear, 3-D like appearance - nothing too flat. You can choose from among rolls, pieces of fish on rice, or whatever you think is eye-catching and fits the name.
4. If you choose to show the logo in the header, the navigation should be in Arial, and should be easy to read.