A new Sydney-based web content writing consultancy, set to launch in early 2010. The business will provide the following services:
- rewriting existing online content to make it scannable
- writing web content from scratch
- facilitating writing for the web training
- undertaking content audits
- improving publishing processes to support ongoing maintenance
- facilitating workshops with staff in large organisations to rewrite content
- card sorting to improve information architecture
- usability testing and analysis
- identifying related content links
We're passionate about content and written words, and ultimately our goal is to improve the quality of web content, as well as the online user experience.
We want to help web teams to not only up-skill and feel confident about managing their web content and publishing processes, but to also provide online information in the best way possible, and to convey its message clearly and efficiently for all website users.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Any business with a website, especially:
- government departments with content heavy sites
- big name corporate sites
- ecommerce sites with product descriptions
- information sites
- web development companies
- content management system providers
... so mostly targeting web teams/managers and people working within the web industry who work full-time and spend most of their day looking at a computer screen.
Also targeting organisations that have a neglected website in need of improvement (you know the type) and maybe it's not uncommon for them to either get complaints, or have their customers ringing because they can't find what they're looking for on their website. In the past they've been under resourced, so usually just copy and paste information from a printed brochure onto their website with poor results.
Aside from letting your creative juices flow, we want a logo that people want to look at, and remember.
It should also be:
- simple, clear and clean
- competitive in the web industry
- work well online/on screen, as well as print
The logo will be used on the website (another design comp to follow), on typical business stationary (letterhead, reports, email signature), and as a browser favicon.