The amazing designer got fast responses and very quick proposals during all the project. Will repeat.
How Tally started their logo design journey
We aim to promote Ducati enthusiasm. We are a brand new, officially chartered, Denver (Colorado) based Ducati Desmo Owners Club (D.O.C.) chapter. There are about 50-60 in the United States and another 100 or so in the world. The official name of our DOC club is "Ducati Motor Club" and we own the domain http://www.ducatimotorclub.com. Ducati Desmo Owners Clubs sole purpose is to invite Ducati owners and fans to share in the passion of Italian made Ducati motorcycles. We hope to discover a logo that expresses the Italian heritage, passion, speed, and local area (Denver) that we live in.
Ducati Motor Club- Denver
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
The world of DOCs (Desmo Owners Clubs) is the most fulfilling way in which owners share the excitement they get from their Ducati motorcycles. Through our official club they will meet people who share their Ducati passion. DOC members get special treatment (VIP) at all Ducati worldwide events and can benefit from exclusive viewings during company and museum tours. As a Ducati club member they can also take part in all the club's organised events, such as bike meetings, track days, trips and lots more.
There are many clubs with very creative logos that do not share any resemblance to the Ducati brand image, although still effectively promote the heritage. You can find some examples on the Ducati.com website (in club section) here:
We want to have a logo our members and general public would be excited to wear- that will identify with Ducati and with our specific regional club. Branded items may also be sold at Ducati events and used in bike images in order to support our non-profit club. This logo will be used in many forms from a simple logo to web banners, splash pages, forum avatars, etc...
- The web address: http://www.ducatimotorclub.com
- Have considered the official Ducati branding message and existing branded images
- A "denver" (mile-high, high plains) association- although keeping Ducati and Italian heritage foremost
- Italian colors (red, white, green) incorporated into logo
- Urban/illustration style design? (reference Ducati Streetfighter or Ducati monster branding directions) and possibly the old Denver Nuggets basketball "skyline"-type approach (ie: not rivers and trees).
- think URBAN
- think corporate
- think RACE
- the official Ducati logo (or previous offical logos)
- any Ducati trademark or copyright infringement (although we have rights to use the name "Ducati" and "Ducati Motor Club")
- no "biker club" 3-piece style logos similar to that of "Hells Angels", etc..(usually written in an OUTLAW style).I am able to provide official Ducati fonts and font usage guidelines if needed or desired, as our official charter club enjoys the privlege and rights to do so.