***PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE BRIEF TO GET A FULL IDEA OF WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR***
I usually respond quickly between 8:00 am-5:00 pm (US Central Time) Monday-Friday. I do check my email periodically throughout the evening, as well as on weekends. I typically give lots of feedback, and I enjoy working with other designers. We guaranteed our contest last time about halfway through. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
We recently completed a 99Designs contest in which we developed a new logo for our church. Now we are looking to expand the brand and style to incorporate 3 cohesive icons to complement 3 of our ministries: Forest Park Kids, Forest Park Students and LifeGroups (which are our small group Bible studies). We want fresh icons that instantly and clearly communicate what these ministries are and help us appeal to everyone, especially millennials and their families, in our large community. These complementary icons will be used to promote these ministries in print and digital communications, as well as signage.
***THINGS WE WANT***
1. Icons that work well in one-color and in full-color across a wide array of media (print, video, screen, mugs, t-shirts, signage, etc.).
2. Must complement our brand-new church logo. We want all of the icons (Forest Park Church logo, Forest Park Kids, Forest Park Students, LifeGroups, Kid City) to look cohesive, like a family, when placed together (similar to how Microsoft’s software logos all go together - see this link for an example http://www.neowin.net/news/the-new-…-a-glance).
3. Must include a key pictorial mark that instantly and clearly communicates what each ministry is. At a glance, without much prior knowledge, we need people to recognize LifeGroups, Kids and Students.
4. Must stay within the specified color palette, which you’ll find in the attached brand style guide. Possible suggestion: Green = LifeGroups; Blue = Kids; Red = Students.
***THINGS WE DON’T WANT***
1. We don't want anything "church-y," like a cross. No doves, no steeples, stained glass, ribbons, olive branches, Bibles or anything in that realm. None of these things appeal to our target audience.
2. Stay away from leaves and trees for LifeGroups. Our strategy for LifeGroups is: "Grow in. Grow out. Grow up." However, this may change over time.
3. Preferably stick with picture elements for the icons, not text elements.
4. Since these are just icons, text isn't necessary. We will likely add typography in-house as it goes beyond the scope of this contest.
***PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT FOR ASSETS, MORE INFORMATION AND VISUALS***
In the attached zip file you will find:
-a PDF containing parts of our nearly completed brand style guide
-the Myriad Pro font files
-a couple of very rough test we’ve been doing with the LifeGroups logo (which we are not happy with)
-logos for Kid City and Awana Clubs (which fall under Forest Park Kids)
-logos for Unite and Elevate (which fall under Forest Park Students)
This is all I can think of for now. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm happy to help! Thank you for your efforts.