We are creating an interactive educational tool that helps..
- Interactive learning (shifting from a broadcast style to an interactive one)
- Creativity (ability to use multi media for better expression of student’s views)
- Collaboration (student and teacher, student and student)
- Freedom of choice (students want and need to customize things; make them their own)
- Multi-tasked learning and critical thinking (to learn the fact in the context of other related problems, based, if possible, on the familiar environment of the students)
All kinds of schools (all grades)
Anyone who can teach anybody
We have no creativity restrictions but we generally like the brand to be entertaining and cool :-)
1) An animal is always better to remember as a brand (plus the "rich" rhyme helps)
2) Ostrich is a cute, outstanding animal, fun to look at and as a logo to work with
3) In "Ostrich" we want to celebrate its other assets than just the typical attribute of education - brain, as we feel there are enhanceable qualities in everybody and the primary task for teachers should be to find it and encourage the "owner" to develop it and further use it in real life. Ostrich may not have the highest IQ and yet stands out in many other qualities - the fastest bird, largest eggs, valued feathers, in other words, everybody can be rich in something unique when properly taught.
Prefer a clever image of an ostrich in/ around the "O", not too childish, very simple, yet fun to look at. The ostrich should be changeable similar to the Google "oo" - reflecting thus various life topics, seasons (i.e. sitting on decorated eggs at Easter) and so. Prefer colorful design that cheers up already. Plain fonts for text, users must be able to read it immediately without thinking about the "sophistication" behind it. The ostrich must the ostrich, not any bird!!!
The world of data exchange has significantly progressed in the past few decades with new information technologies flooding all sectors of our lives. Unfortunately, changes in the field of education have always been somehow lagging behind.
But it is schools and other educational facilities that should be the first in coming forth with reflections of the current world and even anticipate future development.
We would like to pitch in with improving the situation at schools and beyond.
We would like to help the education process to catch up with the IT development to keep up-to-date or, even better, ahead-of-date, following the trends the new generation is calling for:
INTERACTIVE, COLLABORATIVE, MULTI-TASKED LEARNING WHERE STUDENTS ARE GIVEN THE FREEDOM TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES AND DEMONSTRATE THE BEST OF THEIR POTENTIAL.
We want the same for teachers and educators. We want teachers to meet their students at such a technological environment that makes both side happy about their work.
We foresee the Education Process as entertaining and therefore very productive for both teachers and students; we want every single student to feel enthusiastic about every learning task so they can show through their genuine commitment to learning their unique views of the world.