Although we are running this contest for JUST the Chamber of Commerce logo, we also want to rebrand 4 other logos in a 1-to-1 with the winning designer, that will fall under it's umbrella. Therefore, the logo designs presented MUST have elements that can be reused or repurposed in these other logos so that they can all have a similar "look" while maintaining the qualities that make each program unique.
Here are the other 4 programs so you can conceptualize how the main logo will be able to work with the others:
1. SOAR (Scholarship for high school seniors and transferring college students)
2. Business Connections (Leads/Connections for Small Businesses and Corporations)
3. Annual Art & Wine Festival (Hosted by us, but nobody really knows because of the disconnect in branding)
4. Yipee (Group for Young Professionals)
So you can see that all these programs are different. The challenge lies with how to make them all work under the main Chamber of Commerce logo.
Now, this isn't necessary/required, but it would be helpful for us to at least get a general idea of how you plan to translate the design across the range of brands. Regardless, we will be picking our winner based off of the design we feel would work the best,
Things we like:
- Modern Fonts
- We like the use of white space and negative space.
- We like monogram style, geometric style, and emblem style designs (again, style needs to be flexible to be used for other brands)
- Something that defines that we are the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce. We are in the heart of Silicon Valley, so having something that looks "techy" would be a great fit.
Things we DONT like:
- Stock images
- Generic business logos
- Stuffy, outdated font
- Design that is too complex to be translated to the other brands identities.